Over the last few months, I seem to be coming across a lot of books talking about habit changing. One that comes to mind immediately is Charles Duhigg ‘s ‘The Power of Habit‘ and Jon Acuff’s Finish. In The Holy Sh!t Moment: How Lasting Change Can Happen in an Instant, James Fell, motivation expert and social media dynamo, teaches readers how to skip the hard part and go directly from intention to committed action.
After years of helping people change, James Fell had a sudden insight about sudden insight: significant life change doesn’t often come from just putting one foot in front of the other, carefully observing and altering habits, slogging through baby steps toward new behavior. Rather, the research reveals that serious life turnaround usually happens in a moment, with a flash of inspiration. Epiphany arrives like a lightning strike, rapidly shifting the recipient of such enlightenment onto a new path that creates a better life.
Motivational psychology has traditionally focused on slow and steady—gradual improvement over time to reach a desired goal, whether it’s weight loss, career change, battling addiction, or success in relationships. We’ve been told since toddlerhood that the tortoise beats the hare. But, through compelling science and powerful stories, James Fell shows us that the hare has the edge; overwhelming desire can be awakened fast and furiously. When you learn to become attuned to that sensation of sudden awakening, a new path can be followed almost effortlessly, because it feels like destiny.
Everyone has the ability to experience the lightning strike. The Holy Sh!t Moment will teach you how to create a life-changing epiphany and go directly from intention to action.
– James Fell
Your life can change in a moment, with a sudden burst of inspiration to accomplish amazing things. When it comes to finding the drive to succeed, the hare can leave the tortoise in its dust. Those who alter their mental outlook quickly, the ones who discovered their passion with a lightning strike of insight that arrives with an overwhelming sense of rightness, are often the most successful at realizing their dreams.
The Holy Sh!t Moment: How Lasting Change Can Happen in an Instant
- Holy Sh!t Moments can be either insightful or mystical.
- Dopamine is released when you are faced with something of tremendous potential value.
- All of the things that bother you pile on top of each other to crystallize and create a desire for change.
- Dopamine recognizes progress.
- You have the power to create life-changing moments by using the “Analyze and Critique” method and then letting it all go.
- Figure out what your true wish is and then do “mental contrasting” by seeking out the obstacle.
- Instead of writing things down, focus on memorization. – From Creative Warriors