Book Love #LMMLinkup
[With Valentine’s Day just over, it’s natural that I think about love and my ultimate Valentine – books!
I am always grateful to my parents who gave me a love of books at an early age. While we didn’t have money for luxuries, books were never considered a luxury in our home. My parents bought us all the Enid Blyton series and any gift money we received from our uncles and aunts would go to buy more books.
My mother started reading to me when I was really young and I was so book crazy that I could pretend-read at 3 years of age. I would actually tell the story word for word and knew when to turn the page too. Mom fooled a visiting uncle about how smart I was to be reading at that age.
Today I’m so happy to be guest posting on the lovely Mary Hill’s blog – Mary-andering Creatively – and to be co-hosting the Literary Musings Monday blog hop. I’m sharing how I fell in love with books and also a most useful book for parents – Book Love: Help Your Child Grow from Reluctant to Enthusiastic Reader.
To read the rest of my post go to Mary-andering Creatively…
To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life.” – ― W. Somerset Maugham
Now on to the Literary Musings Monday linkup. First let’s
Ashley @Circling the StoryBlog/Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/InstagramLeslie@Forever Joyful Blog/Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Google+Mary @Maryandering Creatively Blog/Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/ Instagram/Google+Tami @ThisMomsDelight Blog/Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter/Instagram/Google Plus
- Include a link back or the blog hop button linked to this hop on your posts.
- Link up the urls to your posts not to your blog.
- Please remember this is a family-friendly linkup. Although we believe in the right for adults to read whatever they want to read, we prefer to read wholesome posts that feature literature that edify and uplift families. We reserve the right to delete any posts that are not family friendly. We love all kinds of literature and genres including family-friendly inspirational romances, fantasy, or science fiction. We do not welcome posts featuring books or written with excessive violence, sexual content, or cursing. These posts will be deleted.
- We also want to be loving community by supporting one another. Please make a point to do this this week! Visit the post next to yours and at least one other blogger’s post of your choice! I want to see lots of clicks on everyone’s posts. I know as a blogger, you know how it feels not receive comments, right. 🙂 Remember it is also nice to follow them on their social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
- Follow your hosts and co-hosts on their social media.
- Tweet about the link up too.
[Tweet “Come join the fun! Link up your family-friendly, book- or literacy-related posts at #LMMLinkup !”]