When you are able to bring together two loves in one post, it’s a happy day. I love quotes – have been collecting them for well over 40 years. And I’m blogging for 9 years now, and never tiring of it – in fact, every few days I’m tempted to start another blog (a love or an obsession? You decide.) So here’s why I’m enjoying putting this post together –
15 Quotes About Blogging
I may or may not agree with some of these views, but I’m happy to share them anyway.
1.The first thing you need to decide when you build your blog is what you want to accomplish with it, and what it can do if successful. – Ron Dawson
2. I don’t want to go viral, I want to set hearts on fire. ― Coco J. Ginger
3. A blog is only as interesting as the interest shown in others. ― Lee Odden
4. Put your blog out into the world and hope that your talent will speak for itself. – Diablo Cody
5. There are tons of different factors that go into ranking well, but the biggest is high-quality content. – David Sinick
6. My blog is a collection of answers people don’t want to hear to questions they didn’t ask. ― Sebastyne Young
7. If you’re going to fall out of love with public approval, something interesting will happen: people will be deeply attracted to your work. ― Jeff Goins
8. In a sense who you are has always been a story that you told to yourself. Now your self is a story that you tell to others. ― Geoff Ryman
9. If you want to continually grow your blog, you need to learn to blog on a consistent basis. – Neil Patel
10. What you do after you create your content is what truly counts. – Gary Vaynerchuk
11. I think there’s plenty of room for blogs that exist to pay the blogger, or blogs that exist to turn a profit. That’s just not the kind of blog I’m writing, and I’m not the kind of blogger that could do that. – Seth Godin
12. If you accept all the praise, you have to accept all the critics. – Chris Brogan
13. I blog because I have something to say. – Eddie Huang
14. My blogging life is basically goalless. I like the zen nature of that, and paradoxically, it improves results. – Seth Godin
15. Developing your blog is a balancing act between appeasing current readers and reaching out to new ones. ― Scribendi, How to Write a Blog
Do any of these quotes strike a chord with you?
If you are new to Friday Reflections, here’s what it’s about. It’s the end of the week, you’re probably exhausted with work, and all you want to do is sit back, put your feet up, sip on some fancy cocktail or wine, and write away. Sanch and Write Tribe give you writing prompts and all you have to do is choose any one of those prompts to blog about and link up between Friday and Monday. After you link up, be sure to spread the love by visiting other bloggers who have linked up too.
Feel free to add our Friday Reflections badge to your post or sidebar! Follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group. Share your post on social media with the hashtag #FridayReflections.
Prompts for this week:
1. Write a story or poem that begins with a character throwing a coin into a fountain
2. Write about something you’ve heard or read from an authority figure/organisation that you don’t agree with. Attempt a persuasive essay to convince us of another view.
3. Phobias: Have you got any? Share one of the quirkiest
4. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw. Use this quote in your post or as an inspiration
5. Picture Prompt (via http://everydaygyaan.com)
We are in the process of deciding who the featured writer for last week is. In the mean time though, if you want to be in the running to be our next featured writer, make sure you write a post on one of the prompts and link up!